Tuesday 26 May 2015

Calymbo Island

Some time ago I got another vocal track from Midicrash Serge, sung this time by "Pirate Maya", and asked me to do something with it. Again, I didn't know the original song, I had nothing but the vocals. First, the tempo, quite tricky but I got it. Then the scale. Wow, that was difficult, because I heard some scale changes. I didn't want to make things complicated, so I used some auto-tuning.

I did one rough version, pitched the vocals slightly up to get a clearer sound, sent it to Serge and he sent me back a new version of the vocal track, with a higher pitch. I wasn't really convinced by this as you can hear the singer reaching her limits. Eventually, after much try and error, I build this electro-pop like song:



Only recently I got to listen to the original song, and was quite surprised how it sounds:




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment