Friday 5 August 2011

First things first - part three

With the beginning of the year 2000, "San" and I went to Cologne to study as sound engineer at the SAE. We learned quite a lot, even if we had sometimes some stress. I remember my final practical exam, simulating a whole recording session under the critical eyes of Ulli Pallemans. One part was sampling a drum sequence from Logic with the Akai. I saw that the record level was too loud and I searched in vain the level adjustement in the menus. I was unable to do anything against it and as I didn't hear any distorsion, I moved on (I had no time to loose - there were other tasks to do). Later I realized that there was a big red knob on the sampler to adjust the record level... But eventually I got my diploma, and that's all what matters :)

During this time I did many experiments, I got everything I needed to record my songs. I was mainly working with Reason and Logic. Bought some new stuff, among them the OB-12, although it was called "Oberheim" it was from Viscount, an italian organ factory.

The OB-12
The musical result of this period can be listened on my first published album on Jamendo: Winterdust.

No comments:

Post a Comment