Wednesday 3 August 2011

First things first - part one

I'm a musician since childhood. I remember singing in the corridor at the age of 6, trying to imitate my favourite songs (although I do not sing anymore :)), I have learned to read notes and play recorder in primary school and soon after that my eyes began to sparkle at the sight of synthezisers. I also remember that I was convinced Casio and Bontempi being best choice. I think I had a Bontempi ES3200 and soon realized that it was not the shining gem I was hoping for. Today I think that Bontempi tried to do the worst sounding keyboards.

My first synth was probably a Bontempi ES3200
During my teens my family offered me a Farfisa, an electric organ with two manuals (and one foot-manual). That was not exactly what I wanted, but I learned a lot with it. I also found an old book with Sonatines from Clementi on the attic of my grand-parents and started playing them on the organ. I remember playing Op. 36 Sonata Number 5 for the first time when I suddenly realized that I played Phil Collins' "Groovy Kind Of Love"! Like Mr Collins, I used to play it slower than the original. Playing the beginning of the second part even slower gave it a very mystic atmosphere I liked.

I was also very fond of computer games and I caught myself quite often humming songs from games like Double Dragon, Tetris or even Super Mario. I got apparently influenced by those crappy tunes, the damage was done :)

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment